“In a library, you could find miracles and truth and you might find something that would make you laugh so hard that you get shushed, in the friendliest way.” -Anne Lamott
This week our theme is LIBRARIES and how much we love them! Like books, libraries truly are places where magic and miracles live… even if they sometimes look plain and mundane on the outside. We all know that we aren’t supposed to judge a book by its cover, but what about libraries? Should we judge a library by its outward façade?
In honor of this week’s theme I’ve collected ten of the most magical-looking children’s libraries I could find. I’m sure there are some beautiful libraries out there that I wasn’t able to include, so if you love your public library be sure to tell us in the comments below!
1. Cerritos Millenium Library in Cerritos, CA (photo by Victor Rocha)
2. Central Library in Kansas City, MO (Photo by Kansas City Public Library)
3. Brentwood Public Library in Brentwood, TN (Photo by Kyle Dreier Photography)
4. Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library in Memphis, TN (Photo by Urbanart73)
5. Camarillo Public Library in Camarillo, CA (Photo by Gbucknor)
6. Clinton-Macomb Public Library in Macomb, MI (Photo by PrettyEmmy)
7. Minneapolis Central Library in Minnetonka, MN (Photo by Earthworm)
8. Fairfield Public Children’s Library in Fairfield, CT (Photo from argyledesign.com)
9. Cliffside Free Public Library in Cliffside Park, NJ (Photo from cliffsidepark.bccls.org)
10. ImaginOn Children’s Theater and Public Library in Charlotte, NC (Photo from ImaginOn.org)
Which of these libraries would YOU most like to visit? As for me, I honestly can’t decide… I wish that I could visit them all!