What do reading a good book, going on an adventure, and winning a prize all have in common?
Answer: The delicious feeling that something WONDERFUL is happening! Now you can have all three of these experiences at once, because Reading Rainbow has partnered with National Geographic Kids and we want to CELEBRATE!
We invite YOU to celebrate with us! Send us a photo you’ve taken of an adventurous place where you or your kids have read a book or would like to read a book. Not only will we select entries to be featured on our Reading Rainbow Facebook page but participants have a chance to win some great prizes! Read on to find out more…
How To Win
Send us a photo of the most adventurous place you’ve ever read a book or would like to read a book (along with a comment telling us where it is) via Facebook, Twitter, or e-mail before midnight on Sunday, April 21st. See more about How To Submit below. (Note: All submissions must be your own original photos.)
Reading Rainbow will choose nine of our favorite photos, and then present them to our fans to VOTE FOR THE TOP THREE WINNERS.
What You Can Win
- First Prize: An autographed photo of our own LeVar Burton + a FREE subscription to National Geographic Kids magazine
- Second Prize: A Reading Rainbow Collector’s edition DVD + a FREE subscription to the National Geographic Kids magazine
- Third Prize: 4 wonderful kid’s books from the National Geographic Kids library + a Reading Rainbow t-shirt
How To Submit:
- Facebook: To submit a photo on Facebook, simply upload a photo via your own status and include @Reading Rainbow inside of your status update to tag the page. (Make sure the text “Reading Rainbow” has turned blue to indicate successful tagging.)
- Twitter: To submit a photo via Twitter just upload the picture within your tweet and include the mention @ReadingRainbow within your text.
- E-mail: To send your image privately, send an e-mail to email@example.com with your photo included as an attachment.
We can’t wait to see all the adventurous places our fans can come up with!